Windows Update wont work ?

woofwoofbark 23:23 02 May 06

Hi I have a genuine Windows Xp OEM disk and have been able to use Windows update from Microsoft's Site (start>all programs>windows update) for sometime now , I bought the disk from a company clsoe to where I live and they installed it for me , everything has been fine but lately , for some reason when I try to update I get asked to load Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) , Its says 'Installing ...' but then fails , I have retried a few times now with the same result ! I activated windows a few times ( reforatting HD's and adding a slave HD ... and had to call Micrsoft to get re-activated which wasnt a problem ... Ive even checked start>all programs>accessories>system tools>activate windows tells me that its already activated , so why am I having to re-install the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130)which fails each time ?

hope someone can help/give advice

thanks

geo g

terryf 23:37 02 May 06

click here
Found this site click here which included this: Please download and execute it from: click here

After running the tool, please return to Windows Update and try it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…