Windows Update woes

ACOLYTE 14:45 22 Aug 07

I am having a bit of trouble getting to windows updates,i can check for updates ok,but when i click custom the page scans and gives me options,hardware,software etc on the left pane,but when i click on one i get the same scan page open up in the middle of the same page asking me to click custom or express again when i do this it scans again and IE locks up i cant do anything with it but end the process,is there a way to select custom without all the effects?.

Technotiger 14:48 22 Aug 07

Hi, I would advise you to run Ccleaner click here then try again.

ACOLYTE 14:52 22 Aug 07

Hi, Technotiger,i do run ccleaner on a regular basis my pc is pretty clean and lean with regards junk,just this last few times trying to get updates have been a nightmare.I dont know if MS have changed the page setup as before i could click custom and then select what i needed without the need for a rescan.

ACOLYTE 04:17 23 Aug 07

Nope tried ccleaner and it didnt help IE still locks up,i dont understand why it needs to open the same page twice so i can choose what i already have chosen,anyone else have this problem?

smokingbeagle 05:43 23 Aug 07
  ACOLYTE 11:54 23 Aug 07

Hmm,im a bit dubious about using Beta apps,and im not sure that my updates are messed up,i can/have used automatic updates,i just cant do custom scan.

birdface 12:34 23 Aug 07

Try Acolyte's click here it worked for quite a few of us on here,Worth a try.

ACOLYTE 12:34 23 Aug 07

Ok, after a little more tweaking im a bit closer to an answer,the trouble seems to be the MS update add-on in IE7,there are two types of updates MS updates and Windows update,it appears that the MS one is not so happy with IE7,so i dissabled it in the option on the update page.
Now i have to find out what add-ons it added and remove them.

birdface 12:35 23 Aug 07

I should have said smokingbeagle's click here.

ACOLYTE 15:56 23 Aug 07

Tried the app from smokingbeagle's link,it ran but sadly still didnt fix the problem,it has somthing to do with the add-ons in IE7,when i start without add-ons it works fine,just a matter of finding out what add-on it is.

birdface 16:37 23 Aug 07

Ok.Glad you are on the right track.If you find out what one it is let us know for future reference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…