Windows update v5 hangs with error 0x8DDD0004

gudgulf 22:06 14 Nov 04

Just recently, and post putting SP2 on my sons pc I can't get Windows update to run.It stops responding at the "checking for the latest version of updater" screen then throws up the above error code.

I've done a Google and the sort of things I get are suggesting that re-registering some .dll files should work (it didn't) or that you MUST be using Microsoft's vm javascript(the pc in question has Sun java installed).

Has anyone else come across this error or got any solutions?

uisge dorch 22:20 14 Nov 04

Don't know if this is relevant - click here

woodt 22:21 14 Nov 04

Try this click here

gudgulf 22:40 14 Nov 04

Thanks guys..something else to try tomorrow..Son, aged 9 is tucked up in bed asleep right now so I can't attempt a fix as the pc is in his bedroom,lol

uisge dorch,I had already found that forum,but missed that particular item.I'm hoping it IS just a simple configuration problem as I've already tried running CHKDSK,sfc and a repair instalation of both windows and SP2 without success.If I don't find a simple solution then I'm looking at a reformat and clean reinstall..thanks again.

gudgulf 22:25 15 Nov 04

I've now tried all the fixes I can find without success..however if I access the update site through administrator options then I can run an update check using V4 of the updater.This works perfectly!

Oh well, maybe I'll find a solution eventually,lol.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…