Windows Update. Scan for Updates stays at 0%

TommyRed 20:37 13 Dec 03

Trying to get my mates 98SE PC updated with all the latest patches etc so I can try and install an all-in-one printer/scanner/copier for him click here .The HP site recommends all the updates for Windows and IE, tried to download them tonight and it stays at 0% when its supposed to be scanning. Any ideas why? TR

Pesala 20:47 13 Dec 03

Not working in Windows ME either.

TommyRed 22:04 13 Dec 03

bump

Clint2 00:41 14 Dec 03

working OK for me. (Win Me)

cycoze 00:46 14 Dec 03

I find it stays at 0% for a while then jumps to 33% for a while then to 66% , how long did you leave it for ?

TommyRed 10:40 14 Dec 03

It was at my mates he left it on whilst he went shopping, so at least an hour. TR

Stuartli 10:56 14 Dec 03

Sometimes it takes several attempts to download the small file that WindowsUpdate uses to check out your system.

If you know what the updates are, then why not just go to Microsoft's main website and download them direct from the Windows98SE home page?

TommyRed 11:25 14 Dec 03

I don't know what updates are needed, which is why I wanted to run the scan, I believe I can manually download the scan, unzip it and run it. I might have to do that, though I tried the XP version last night on my PC and couldn't get it to work. TR

Cesar 12:07 17 Dec 03

Try Automatic Updates This will examine your computer for updates already installed. Right click on my computer, click on Properties and then click on the automatic updates tab set a day and time and see if that works.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:12 17 Dec 03

They all worked for me last night had to download lots for xp,only thing that didnt work was DX9 one but i had that on disk so wasnt that bad.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:14 17 Dec 03

U could use belarc to see what updates you have it should list them at the bottom of its page,wont tell you what you need tho just what already there.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…