Windows Update - Scan hangs at 0%

My shiny new Evesham PC has decided noot to scan for updates in Wundows update.
I have tried the update troubleshooter and have so far
1: Verified that I can otherwise connect to SSL sites.
2: Disabled Auto Detect Settings and Auto Configure Scripts in Internet tools.
3: Installed latest WinUpdate Software.
Microsoft also recommend locating Internet Explorer in Add/Remove Programs and clicking on 'Repair', although IE does not appear in Add/Remove Programs.They also recommend intstalling the latest Scripting engine 5.6 but the development pages referred to look to be over my head.
In e-mail correspondence with Evesham it was suggested to disable all startup programs with msconfig and retry but this was also unsuccessful.Has anyone any ideas please?

Diodorus Siculus 11:45 06 Mar 04

Clear out cookies, temp internet files, and so on.

Try a repair of IE: click here

esbe 16:19 06 Mar 04

Hi, Are you using Norton Int Security?,I had the same problem last week.
Try - Open NIS /Options / Internet security / Web Content / Global. Find or add, highlight it and alter the settings (write down existing settings 1st).

On my system - Win Me, I set them to - Info about your browser - Permit, Flash animation - Default /permit, & left other settings alone. Try jiggling around with those two options & see what happens. Hope this helps. cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…