//some 3rd party need geo

windows update - same one repeats

steve0 12:46 18 Apr 04

I keep having the same update download and install. It is Security Update for Windows XP (KB835732) So far it has installed on 14,16 17 and 18 April - why is it doing this?

Diodorus Siculus 12:52 18 Apr 04

Try uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs, reboot and then reinstall it one last time... that should sort it out.

teepee33 03:18 24 Apr 04

has installed itself about a dozen times now. Tried un/re-installing but same thing happening.

teepee

steve0 07:43 24 Apr 04

Teepee33
- Have stopped it doing this - when the autoupdate came on again, just cancel and it wont ask again!

Diodorus Siculus 08:14 24 Apr 04

steve0 - what happens when you go to WindowsUpdate.com? Does it try to install again?

golfpro 08:39 24 Apr 04

Windows updates have a habit of doing this, I get the pop-up every day for about a week or two before it stops. I just cancel it, but I know it can be annoying, sometimes I despair of M/S, I wonder if BG gets these problems all the time????

GaT7 00:27 28 Apr 04

Try these, each time rebooting then checking if the problem recurs:

1. (Source - click here)

Open Explorer and navigate to Windows/System32 and rename (or delete) the folder Catroot2 to OldCatroot2. This changes the time stamps and makes Windows believe it has not tried to upload the updates before.

Or:

Type into CMD.

del /q "%SystemRoot%\System32\Catroot2\Edb.log

2. First d'load/save to your hard disk from - click here. Double-click on the file to install.

steve0 15:50 28 Apr 04

Diodorus Siculus - when I go to the Windowsupdate site it is OK - says I have already installed it. So it looks like I'm OK now. Thanks for all the replies for others in the Forum.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…