Windows update question

square eyes 23:12 05 Mar 03

Hi,

Probably not much to worry about but i'd like to ask.
2 weeks ago i repaired my system and routinely updated from windows. Freeserve disconnect your connection after 2 hours and when downloading SP1 i was disconnected. I had got down to 20mb out of 30. After reconnecting it found itself and continued but now it was reading 60mb instead of 20mb and almost 4 hours had been added on. I accepted this after posting a thread on here suggesting all was ok. I was helping a friend setup his brand new computer and installed SP1 starting from 30mb and his disconected aswell (freeserve) but found itself and continued as normal.
I'm thinking that i've downloaded way too much and something i have noticed is a sluggish system, options and other stuff seem to take longer to open with more HDD noise.

Sorry for detailing this too much but i wanted to avoid questions.

Many thanks

My PC specs are:Windows XP 512mb ram, Radeon 9000 pro 64mb, 2100 Athlon processor,

MartinT-B 10:14 06 Mar 03

Bump*

I can't help I'm afraid - still on 98SE.

Maybe you shoud retitle this thread "XP Service Pack 1 downloaded. Now got problems..."

square eyes 18:57 06 Mar 03

Thanks anyway

Gerrycan 20:14 06 Mar 03

Have you not got a friend who can download the updates on broadband and copy to a cd for you.

square eyes 20:45 07 Mar 03

Thanks, i will remove and reinstall

Djohn 20:54 07 Mar 03

square eyes, don't worry about asking questions! Ask as many as you like, there will always someone on line ready to help if they can. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…