Windows Update Query

Steinman 17:46 03 May 03

I once set my Windows Update to notify me when updates available so could download & install when ready. Now, for some reason I'm not getting notification. Only know updates as manually been to Msft Update web site. How do I check my Update settings- just cant figure out how? Running Win Me.
Thanks.

TOPCAT® 17:59 03 May 03

Click and check Automatic Updates in Control Panel and set as required. You have to have the Windows Update Notification feature installed though. Check here for it. TC.

click here

TOPCAT® 18:06 03 May 03

From Windows Update click 'Windows Update Catalogue' and search for WinMe items. It is one of the recommended updates which should be showing if you personalise Win Updates and save your settings. TC.

TOPCAT® 18:13 03 May 03

if you want e-mail notification click here TC.

Steinman 18:30 03 May 03

Well went to contr panel & was set as notify. Went web site & downloaded the latest auto-notifyer though not certain where it should have been downloaded to. The text says within 24 hrs it will activate !
Have to wait & see!
Ta 4 quick reply.

Steinman 17:45 04 May 03

Just activated. All I can do now is wait for update notification!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…