windows update problems

carlinglover 13:12 05 Mar 03

i have winxp home and recently have had problems on not being able to update a few updates... they are q329441 critical update,810833 security update,329170 security update.... it seems to be these 3 .. others seem to go ok... these havent already been updated they just refuse to work... any ideas whats wrong guys?..any replies please word in carlinglover terms..ie idiots terms lol... thanks in advance guys

carlinglover

vulcanian 13:27 05 Mar 03

Have you tried downloading the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer? click here;en-us;320454

If the link above does not show correctly then go to Microsoft Support and type in "Baseline Security Analyzer" (without the quotes).

It scans your PC and looks for missing security updates etc. If it finds any missing or out of date it will then take you to the required page for more information and downloading.

carlinglover 13:47 05 Mar 03

i went to the site you advised and it scanned my pc and said some were missing and all it did was take me back to updates i tried to install and yet again it wont let me????? im tearing my hair out at it now ... ty for all your help

vulcanian 16:00 05 Mar 03

Have you tried removing Service Pack SP1 and then reinstalling the new SP1a?
Then go back to the Windows Update page and try installing the updates again.

vulcanian 16:03 05 Mar 03

The updates you are missing should be included in SP1a.
I don't think you can install SP1a until SP1 has been removed.

carlinglover 19:49 05 Mar 03

i looked at uninstalling sp1 but it says my msn ,mailwasher trojan remover etc etc will no longer work?.. will i have to reinstall them all?

nick_j007 20:42 05 Mar 03

Hi Carlinglover. Not sure about your last point there, but read here as I posted this only a few days ago with limited success.click here
In a sense these up-dates are not absolutely essential for a home user but I share your frustration at something not going as it should.
In my case they have been downloaded successfully in the past, but auto updater trys to reinstall them! Auto updater is currently off, and I shall do it manually from time to time and avoid trying to download these in the future. Not ideal, but there you go.

carlinglover 08:20 06 Mar 03

i have tried uninstalling sp1 and put insp1a but nothing changed the blasted things wont update so im giving upthanks to you all for your help and advice,much appreciated
carlinglover

ribo 10:30 06 Mar 03

carlinglover. Try bvwin britols solution. -steps 6-8 only. It worked click here me. Ribo

ribo 10:34 06 Mar 03

Sorry. that link diclick here not work. I will try again.

ribo 10:40 06 Mar 03

Not getting on very well with these links. I shall try once more. If I get it. It is bvw in bristols solution that I tried with success. steps 6-8 only. Riboclick here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…