Windows Update Problems

Tabatha 10:52 24 Jan 03
  Tabatha 10:52 24 Jan 03

Hi

For a while now I've been receving the Microsoft Windows Update installments, for patches and service packs etc., and I've been able to download things which interest me.

Yesterday I have an Update Message; go into the programme, wait while Microsoft searches, and realise that the 'format' is slightly different. Looks as though they have updated 'their' system. Well. Problem is I review the downloads, then decide to install, but there is now nowhere to accept the license agreement any more. I've looked everywhere BUT THERE NOW NO BOX TO TICK! I've scrolled down to read the conditions but I can't download, because microsoft seem to have erroneously erased something.

Any suggestions? Hope this is all making sense.

Thanks

worf 12:54 24 Jan 03

Tabitha.

What OS are you using?

It must be something to do with your PC as I have just this second downloaded and installed two updates with no problem.

Try manually updating by going to
click here

If that dosn't work try the following links. These explain problems with downloading from the update site.

For XP
click here;en-us;326686

For Win 98
click here;EN-US;193657

It appears that there isn't any problems with ME updates (oh really).

If that dosn't help go back to the Windows update site (first link above) and select the Windows Update Catalog on the left hand side of the update page. Then select your OS and then select which updates to download. This should give you an option to download the updates and save them to disk.
Once you have done this reboot in to safe made and try installing from the saved files whilst in safe mode.

worf 12:58 24 Jan 03

Tabitha.
Sorry about this but the last two links I posted didn't come out properly. After the blue "click here" there is some text. Highlight and copy the text, then click on the link and then paste the the copied text to the end of the address and click go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…