Windows Update Problems

leadwellie 15:01 04 Jan 09

I have windows update set to automatically download and install any updates. However, I have not had any updates for several weeks now. I appreciate that there may of course be no updates available but when I clicked on the update in the start menu I was presented with the MSN site.
I run XP home with service pack 3.
I also have zone alarm and avast anti virus installed. Windows update is allowed in zone alarm.
Update in the control panel is also set for automatic updates.
Am I worrying unduly?

aine 15:54 04 Jan 09

I believe automatic updates, are only used for critical ones. You should look at the update page that will tell you of any updates that are required, if you need them just click install

johndrew 15:56 04 Jan 09

This link click here should take you to the MS Update Site.

Why your update link has changed to MSN I have no idea, but it is obviously not right.

There have been several updates in the past few weeks including an urgent one for IE to protect it from `nasties`.

I would also suggest a scan with some good anti-malware in case you have picked up something that is causing re-direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple