Windows update problems

Mattyradar 18:40 22 Feb 07

Hi,
I'm hoping somebody out there could help me with a windows update problem, Upon trying to update my wife's laptop with the lastest updates for Excel / Word 2003 / Office 2003 and outloook, it attempts to start the update but I keep getting this messege- The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ' PRO11.MSL' Use source \\ghost2\office2003\.

Any help with this would be great.

The computer runs xp pro sp2 fully updated until now, and its running panda security suite.

Thanks

P.s this laptop was second hand so don't know its history that well.

Ho-Lin-Sok 21:52 22 Feb 07

If you can follow it this is probably whats done it.
click here

Ho-Lin-Sok 21:57 22 Feb 07

I think you may need the original office disks to complete this as it usually asks for them.

Ho-Lin-Sok 22:01 22 Feb 07

Thinks, do you have a recovery disk only that may have the original office installation on it, these discs are sometimes made with Norton Ghost. Sorry to be vague but i am just mulling over a few things until somebody else contributes some input.

Mattyradar 18:22 23 Feb 07

Hi thanks for your help, I have read the link and I think from that the Laptop was once connected to a network, and is looking for the info from that, but as I bought this second hand I don't have this network and also I don't have any disks with it, all the software was pre-installed. Any other Ideas ??
What if I asked a friend for a Office 2003 disc, would this work???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…