Windows Update Problems

Colonelkaye 12:11 10 Oct 04

I have XP Pro and the PC has not been connected to the net for over a year. Now connected it has downloaded vast amounts of updates and I have stopped short of installing SP2 but have done all others.
Now the PC will not boot up - it goes round in a cycle (boot up for 20 secs, get Windows screen, reset, boot up for 20 secs etc etc)
Have just re-installed XP as a last resort as I thought I could get to use restore.
Received loads of corrupt messages mainly around media player but completed install.
On boot up I received this message:
STOP: c0000221 {bad image checksum}
The image gdi32.dll is possibly corrupt. The header checksum does not match the computed checksum

What the jeepers is all that? Am I now looking at a reformat of the HD and start again? Would prefer not to as kids homework is on it!!

Help

stalion 13:32 10 Oct 04

try downloading the dll for here and put it in your system folder to replace the existing corrupt dll
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…