Windows Update - Problem

Taff36 09:36 07 Feb 05

Windows XP Pro SP2

Cannot install update "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Service Pack 1" from the update site. It fails with eror code 80072EFD. I have followed the knowledge base article and tried most of the solutions to no avail. The only one I wasn`t confident about was the firewall. (Windows Firewall only)

I am connected at the moment via a wireless link to a broadband router. I can access the internet fine and download from other sites indeed a driver update for the touchpad worked fine. Any Suggestions?

JIM 09:45 07 Feb 05

this.? via a custom install from updates.

Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
Download size: 23.1 MB, 3 minutes

Firewall should not cause a problem with this update but you could suspend the windows firewall to find out,as your b.b router would likley have in-built protection etc.

Jim.

Taff36 09:52 07 Feb 05

Yes. From the Windows update I always choose custom install. .NET framework SP1 has failed five times over the last few weeks. I`m not even sure I need this update anyway.

Will try to disable the windows firewall and try again.

JIM 10:02 07 Feb 05

If your the normal run of a pc user :) him/her :) i would not bother as you likely never get involved in NET Framework.

"Windows users need to install the .NET Framework to run applications developed using the .NET Framework."

Qne of the two that i will never need including,

Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer (Windows XP)That cause me a problem.

Most important is to find outif your having problems downloading from windows site. Go to a MS site and "Temp" like download a longish file to see if you have any all round problem.

jim.

Taff36 10:05 07 Feb 05

Thanks - I too hid the Journal Viewer an age ago because I can`t see me ever needing it. I`ll do the same with .Net Framework. I didn`t realise it was for developers. More important things to be doing !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…