Windows Update Page - Driver update

gcbastin 17:39 17 Nov 03

Has anyone else had problems with the Driver update on the official Windows Update Page? It first appeared a couple of months ago so I downloaded it. It makes the modem connection sound come out of the speakers rather than the computer tower box. But it makes logging off a very long process - so long I cannot wait to time how long it takes. I ran a System Restore to get rid of it. Tried it a couple of times - exactly the same. Foolishly tried it again yesterday as it persists on remaining on the Update page. This time however my latest available restore date is 27th October - too far back to accept as a lot of stuff wiull be lost! HELP!!

Jester2K II 17:42 17 Nov 03

er which driver was updated?

What modem do you have?

Windows Update will show different updates from PC to PC.

Jester2K II 17:43 17 Nov 03

If you know the number of the update you MIGHT be able to remove it using Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel.

leo49 17:48 17 Nov 03

Have you tried Driver Rollback accessed via Device Manager?

gcbastin 17:59 17 Nov 03

I'm using Windows XP Home by the way.
The description of the Driver update is - "CXT modem software update released on June 5 2003".

That's all the info I have except that it took 3 mins to download. (NOT Broadband).

Jester2K II 18:00 17 Nov 03

Try the Driver Roll Back as leo49 said...

gcbastin 18:03 17 Nov 03

I'm a bit of a novice! Could you expand on the way to employ the Driver Roll Back. How do I access Device Manager?

Thanks for your help by the way!

Jester2K II 18:08 17 Nov 03

Right Click My Computer, Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager, Find you modem on the list, Right Click Your Modem, Properties, Driver Tab, Roll Back Driver Button

xebec 19:49 17 Nov 03

I am a friend of the original poster. He has followed the driver restore instructions but unfortunately this sent the PC into standby mode, He now has no internet connection. BTW the modem is a CNXT V92 DATA FAX VOICE.

Any further advice please

accord 20:10 17 Nov 03

xebec,

can gcbastin back up important files? if so do it then carry out system restore back to 27th october.

xebec 20:16 17 Nov 03

He has tried all sorts of things including, I believe a system restore. That hasnt helped either.

David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…