Windows Update KB2742597

RegScriv 19 Mar 13

I can't get Windows update KB2742597 to install. I've tried unsuccessfully several times using Restore to take the computer back, firstly by one month then two then three & so on. Windows Restore didn't restore successfully in each case. After each time I tried again to install this update unsuccessfully. I'm using Windows XP Service Pack 3. Can anyone help please.

onthelimit1 19 Mar 13

Not an unknown problem see here. As XP won't be supported much longer, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It may be time to think about moving to a later OS?

RegScriv 19 Mar 13

Yes, thanks onthelimit1. I was somewhat of that view myself. It may be a good excuse to upgrade my pc.

onthelimit1 19 Mar 13

If you're considering W7, there is a compatibility check here For W8, here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message