Windows update. ..just a quicky!

square eyes 22:16 03 Jan 03
  square eyes 22:16 03 Jan 03

Good evening,
I use Win XP and i've always had my Win update to automaticaly download and update itself, but became fraustrated with it doing its stuff at the wrong times and without letting me know. Also, it would be very intermitent.
I've switched to manual, so the question i put to you is:
How often should i visit Win update and do i need to download all updates?

Thanks

VoG™ 22:20 03 Jan 03

Once a week for me. It's up to you really. Check here - somebody usually posts if there is a really important one.

powerless 22:20 03 Jan 03

I check once a week...

Or if there is something on here that catches my attention i'll take another look.

You don't need to download all the update. I have 5 updates (which are not critical) that i could download, i choose not to because i have no reason to use them or any programs on my computer that would benfit from them.

VoG™ 22:20 03 Jan 03

Once a week for me. It's up to you really. Check here - somebody usually posts if there is a really important one.

VoG™ 22:21 03 Jan 03

You can get them twice if your lucky!

powerless 22:21 03 Jan 03

Mind, spooky.

square eyes 22:44 03 Jan 03

Thanks VoG™ and thanks again! :)

I'll grap the criticals once a week and pick'n choose the others.
Thx!

P.S. These files are sometimes huge, does it replace itself or does it all mount up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…