windows update internet connection

Switcher 00:13 13 Oct 04

While connected to NTL broadband when I click on windows update my PC claims that I am not connected to internet. How do I resolve this

hugh-265156 00:50 13 Oct 04

can you connect to other sites ok? what is the exact error or what do you get displayed on screen when you try to visit windows update please? what happens when you click here or click here

do you use a firewall and if so have you checked the settings?

what version of windows do you use and when did this problem start happening? if its windows me or xp and its only started happening reciently then try system restore maybe.

do you use any antivirus software and if so, when was the last time you updated it and ran a full scan? do you also run any checks for spyware at all? just in case its worth running these to check maybe.

hugh-265156 00:54 13 Oct 04

also check internet explorer 'tools/internet options/security' and check its set to 'default' medium settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…