//some 3rd party need geo

windows update files

conrail 19:37 06 Sep 03

using xp pro, while uninstalling a program using add/remove I dfind that I have 29 windows updates on my system, ie "Windows XP Hotfix (SP1)" files, can I delete older versions each time I receive the latest update or does my system need them all?

powerless 19:44 06 Sep 03

No you need them.

Most updates will remain to their original and only version. There is only one update (that i know of) where there has has been a version 2 of an update.

SP1 - you still need them as the newer updates that are available will be for something else not related to any update that you have intsalled.

JIM 19:45 06 Sep 03

what-ever updates you delete in add/remove will prompt windows update to renew them.They are not older updates,only an option to have them or not.

Would suggest you leave them where they are.Your Windows XP Hotfix (SP1)is needed and SP1a is not required if you have SP1.

conrail 23:01 06 Sep 03

thanks for you help, I will leave well alone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…