Windows update failure

SallyC 19:08 29 Mar 09

I keep getting error messages for this update : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706) - Installation Error Code: 0x2B2F. It's been going on since 3/2/2009. I looked at the help site but nothing came up.
I am running on Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. AVG Free 8.0.238 (couldn't get 8.5 to download properly); Comodo firewall.
Do I need this update? If so can anyone tell me what to do in simple terms. If I don't need it how do I stop it trying to update. I'm experiencing slow running & have run cleaner etc so wondered if this was affecting performance.
Thanks
SallyC

gengiscant 09:10 30 Mar 09

Try this instead of using windows update.
click here

peter99co 11:31 30 Mar 09

I don't feel as if you are likely to need this. You don't have your own server do you?

It is possible to hide updates you do not need when you are on the update page.

birdface 12:37 30 Mar 09

Or here.click here

Not sure if it is the same as gengiscant's click here as I could not open it.

SallyC 15:53 30 Mar 09

Hi Peter99co
This is what I thought as I don't have a server. I looked on the update page for some means of cancelling deleting it but couldn't find anything. Could you reply where it is - would be most grateful. If not I'll try the link from gengiscant/buteman
Thanks to all
SallyC

iscanut2 16:07 30 Mar 09

Go to Windows update..
Click on Start
then Help & Support
then Pick a task..Windows update
then click on Custom
you should then eventually see the update that is causing the problem
You should see an option to Hide the update and then check the box against it
Exit the page..done.

SallyC 16:59 30 Mar 09

Many thanks iscanut - worked fine & yellow shield has now gone. And thanks to everyone else for their input - much appreciated.
SallyC

iscanut2 18:31 30 Mar 09

Thanks SallyC, you are welcome. Don't forget to tick the thread as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…