Windows Update Failure

ventanas 09:28 03 Nov 04

Can't seem to sort this one. All machines on network (supposedly) set up identically. About half of them won't update. There is no problem with connecting or getting the list of updates, but when install is pressed the download box appears, and nothing happens. Eventually a failed message appears, but no indication as to why. Half the machines have no problem at all. Windows firewall is off on all machines.

Grateful for any advice. All PC's XP Pro with SP2.

JIM 09:57 03 Nov 04

your failed message that appears,does it show a number or code etc?

Any clue's when or if you looked in the Event viewer under applications/security/system .

You say (no indication as to why)Does that mean a blank empty box? Hope i'am not being nosey but how many systems are you talking about on network.

Jim.

ventanas 10:08 03 Nov 04

Hi JIM. 34 machines on the network. Approx half have no problem at all. There is no code, just "installation failed" within the download info box, and that's all.

Not much to go on is it.

I will keep digging.

JIM 12:18 03 Nov 04

your right,not a lot to go on and if your checking out all systems as a individual i wish you luck.No week-end of for you it seems.Sorry i have nothing to offer at this moment.

Jim.

ventanas 16:47 03 Nov 04

bump, in case anyone has any ideas, but have found a way around it. Go to the download centre and type in the KB number, then download the file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…