windows update failed to install

andrew-196854 12:57 03 Jul 05

a friend of mine has a windows update problem , he goes on the update site picks the updates and keeps getting failed to install. i have tried to type run , and go to the services.msc and looked at the automatic update bit and it is enabled,so i guess its not that. also ran cc cleaner, but still the same. also adware se 1.6, and microsoft antispyware, but still same message i have run out of ideas now apart from a clean install but did not want to do that for him really any more ideas welcome thanks

alltime 13:18 03 Jul 05

It might be that the computer is not restoring itself.
Try going to START. CONTROL PANEL, SYSTEM. Click on SYSTEM RESTORE . is there a tick in the box, if there is remove it.

andrew-196854 13:22 03 Jul 05

ok thanks for the reply never thought of that one,will let you know later thanks anymore suggestions

SEASHANTY 16:47 03 Jul 05

A posting on this website states that Norton antivirus was the cause of this click here

andrew-196854 20:45 11 Jul 05

problem solved found it it was panda antivirus so he unistalled it and got his updates then put it back on thanks to all that replied

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…