Windows Update - Failed

johndrew 14:48 14 May 06

I have - once or twice - had updates `fail`. When I check the list of my updates at MS they show up as `failed` (red disc with a white cross).

When I check in Windows there is no `Uninstall` file and the log means little to me but it does indicate a failure.

There appears no way of attempting a reinstall (as MS recommend) as the update doesn`t appear in the outstanding list and I can see no evidence of it elsewhere in my PC.

Is there any way of attempting a reinstall?
What actions - if any - do I need to take to achieve a second go?

woodchip 15:39 14 May 06

Windows folder on your computer there are log files with the update name that will give you an idea of what went wrong hopefully.

Also try uninstalling Spybot. then try updating

steve1ooo 16:09 14 May 06

I had a similar problem. Updates downloaded but failed to install. I sent an email to microsoft detailing error messages.

I received a prompt reply and detailed instructions to resolve my problem. ten minutes later and all was well.

Microsoft get a lot of stick but they can and will help you when you need it.

hope this helps

johndrew 10:02 19 May 06

Thanks people.

I am attempting to get help from Microsoft but apparently the error code is not recognised!!

Who says there`s nothing new. I would have thought that Microsoft would have seen all such codes by now. Ah well ......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…