Windows Update Error Message

Billy Long Bolt 18:25 17 Oct 03

I am running XP Home. Everytime I go to windows update site and scan for updates, Many updates are found for 'Critical' and 'Windows' but for driver updates all I get is the following message: 'An error occurred while scanning for driver updates. We are not able to display any updated drivers for your system'. I know for a fact that my system requires at least 3 driver updates. Can anyone help with this please?

JIM 18:48 17 Oct 03

may help you out.

When you try to install driver updates from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site, the installation may not succeed.

This problem may occur if you have a large number of INF files in your %windir%\Inf folder. In this case, Windows incorrectly searches the whole INF folder for information about which drivers to update instead of searching only for currently installed drivers

Windows XP
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the 814033 package now. Release Date: March 5, 2003

click here;en-us;814033&Product=winxp

JIM 18:54 17 Oct 03

copy and paste,address close up the space, http: //support.

http: //;en-us;814033&Product=winxp

spikeychris 19:00 17 Oct 03
  Reece 17:50 23 Oct 03

Billy, have you had any luck with the solutions suggested above, or found any other solutions?

I am having the exact same problem, but the suggestions so far haven't helped and I've failed to find any other solutions.

I too am running XP Home edition, and this feature of Windows Update hasn't worked since I installed XP on my machine a couple of weeks ago. The feature used to work fine when I used Windows ME.

spikeychris 18:49 23 Oct 03

Did you check your languages in Internet options? also check your windows
update.log file (located in c:\windows or c:\winnt) for the error codes, what are they?

You could also click here and wait for the redirection and follow the trouble shooter.

Billy Long Bolt 16:17 24 Oct 03

Thank you all very much for your response.
There must have ben a problem at the W.U. site because it all seems to work fine now.

Once again thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…