Windows Update Error

Pesala 12:33 15 Dec 03

The last few times I have tried to use Windows Update from Windows ME I get an error page when I try to scan for updates.

"Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page."

Anyone else got the same problem or know the solution?

Diodorus Siculus 12:57 15 Dec 03

updatexp.com/0x800A138F.html

click here

i had a similar prolem with XPHome on my laptop, I got it to work by closing all applications down and clearing internet files & cookies. Rebooted & logged back on and the dowload went OK

spikeychris 13:00 15 Dec 03

click here if your using IE6 with ME.

Typing regsvr32 /u iuctl.dll sometimes works

Pesala 14:33 15 Dec 03

All went well until I got to this bit:

"Click Start, click Programs, and then click Windows Explorer" as my Start menu doesn't have Windows Explorer.

So I right-clicked and chose "Explore" instead. Then this bit seems to be an error.

"Select the V4 folder (if present), click Edit, and then click Invert Selection to make sure that you delete all the files except the V4 folder."

It might be better to say, "Search for file or folders named V4, and open it. Then select all files except Iuhist.xml."

Anyway, I've now done all that. Let's see if it worked.

Pesala 14:38 15 Dec 03

Two updates: Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1
Download size: 23.1 MB, 18 minutes NO THANKS

Windows Movie Maker Update
Download size: 449 KB, < 1 minute NO THANKS

All up-to-date now. Mission accomplished. Many thanks to all.

spikeychris 14:38 15 Dec 03

You will find explorer from progs then accessories. You could also hold the windows key and hit "E"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…