Windows Update Error!!!

modumus 16:26 09 Oct 03

i've been receiving a "svchost.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows" message when i connect to the net. I've downloaded a MS patch that seems to have stopped this message & i've run AVG & Trend Micro anti-virus programs, plus Symantec W.32.blaster removal tool but now when i try to download Critical updates, etc and hit install i get - "Windows Update Error. Windows has encounterd an error and cannot display the requested page"

Any HELP please????

spikeychris 19:08 09 Oct 03

The value for the CSDVersion in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows
needs to be changed to 0. If you are comfortable editing the registry, follow the instructions below.

1. Click "Start," and then click "Run."

2. In the Open box type regedit and click "OK."

3. Browse in the left frame to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows

4. In the right frame you will see the key CSDVersion. Double click this key.

5. Change the value to 0 and click "OK."

6. Restart the computer.

the lone cloner 19:57 09 Oct 03

click here is a useful site full of info re probs, your current problem is mentioned but not yet in detail, not currently helpful, i know but worth keeping in mind.

spikeychris 12:17 10 Oct 03

Resolved..oh

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…