Windows Update duplication

shellship 18:07 21 Jul 12

Win XP SP3. Office XP Pro. I have set Windows Update to notify me when one is available so that I can download it/them at my own convenience. Over the last week or so I keep getting the same updates to install even though they are already there. I have tried removing them in Add/Remove programs to see if that helps but to no avail. The message that I continually get when installing is *"Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008 x86 (KB2656351) (update 1 of 2)... done! Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2487367) (update 2 of 2)... "*

How do I get out of this loop, please.

KRONOS the First 18:13 21 Jul 12

seems its a common problem, have a look here Microsoft and the net Framework clean up tool. Click here.

shellship 18:55 21 Jul 12

Chronus

Magnificent. Think MS link did it. Thanks v much.

shellship 11:09 22 Jul 12

Pride before fall. It is back again. I'll try the MS site again.

birdface 11:41 22 Jul 12

Run Windows Update manually and when they show again double click them and a box will open underneath.Just tick don't show again and that should stop them from appearing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…