Windows Update doesn't

jokomo 10:51 26 Aug 04

When I visit the v4 or v5 site, up comes a message saying that it's checking for new updates.
I've disabled the firewall (Agnitum) but still no joy.
Anyone any ideas?

Also, will auto update still work if the site doesn't? Waiting for SP2

Thanks

end 11:56 26 Aug 04

am on Win 98se and have just been to my site with no problems and was on it for over an hour last nite updating ; was working on a thread by acord last nite who has your probelms,; are you on Win XP?

jokomo 13:09 26 Aug 04

Yes, XP Pro
Any help appreciated

Microsoft help says disable ZoneAlarm (which I don't use); disabling Outpost Pro has no effect.

Thanks

end 23:29 26 Aug 04

If I read it right. F E is opening a section for XP problems hopefully by tomorrow; you might find it helpful to post this on there, as it will be "dedicated" to XP problems, from what I can gather of F.E.s thread:)

I am on win 98se and so far have had no problems with over an hour downolading yesterday and more to follow tomorrow on lappy;; see what is around tomorrow and whether your thread has been "transfered" to the new section:)

accord 23:54 26 Aug 04

sounds like you have the same problem as i have click here

end 00:18 27 Aug 04

perhaps you will both get moved to the new section when it opens ; my win 98se is doing what it should be; as vog has pointed out on another thread, the downloads are large for your OS , AND, just MAYBE, as so many peope are trying to get them, that the site is "jammed"????just a thought;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…