Windows update continually reinstalls same update

Akinbiyi 08:16 04 Jan 07

I have been using Windows update for years without any problem. My settings are "download and ask before installing". Now after installing Windows Defender update 1.14.1950.9, within 5 minutes of the update finishing, it asks me again to download the same update...and again..and again. I have run Registry Cleaner to try to flush out the problem, but no success.

Andsome 08:24 04 Jan 07

I have to ask, has WD EVER found any Malware on your computer? This program seems to have many flaws. To date, I don't know anyone who can say that this program serves any purpose at all. There are many far better Anti Malware programs. A Squared and SUPERAntiSpyware for examples.

Akinbiyi 08:30 04 Jan 07

I do use other spyware programs, but I am assuming that this is a Windows Update problem which will recur with any update WU tries to install.

Technotiger 08:49 04 Jan 07

Hi, I agree with Andsome ... and this so-called Update does appear only to affect Defender. I would advise you to get rid of Defender.

Cheers

skidzy 08:57 04 Jan 07

And another here who does not like Defender,again same advice.Uninstall Defender,run ccleaner then reboot click here

I have recently added SpywareTerminator to one of my systems after a recommendation from a forum member.This has been running quite happily for around a month now.Free 100% Real-Time Protection as opposed to the AVGAS that has a realtime trial period.click here

johndrew 12:43 04 Jan 07

I had a similar problem with a windows update click here which was resolved by advice as you can see. Perhaps a similar route would help you. The update details will be available at the MS update site under `Review Your Update History` if you don`t have them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…