Windows Update On CD

babybell 11:15 02 Sep 05

Someone in my office has just got a new Dell Laptop and has purchased Office 2003. I know that there is a lot of updates to download for security from office update as i to have just had to do it. The problem is i have broadband but he is only going to connect via dial up. Is there anyway that i can download the updates and put them on CD for him? Otherwise it looks like i will have to disable updates on his pc, which i really dont want to do?

Doire_Bhoy 11:19 02 Sep 05

You can buy them on CD from the site thats offering the updates can you not? I know MS do this

ventanas 11:37 02 Sep 05

Still a bit long-winded, but probably still a lot quicker. Use Windows Update on his PC, but only go as far as getting the list of available updates, make a note of all the KB (and any other) numbers, and the date. Then go to your BB PC and on the Microsoft site type the KB numbers into the search bar one at a time. This should take you to a download link for the update. When all downloaded put them on a cd and give them to your friend. It probably wouldn't matter, but I would advise installing them in date order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…