windows update

pat2068 23:08 25 Jul 03

Has anyone downloaded the xp update no817778 as i dont know if it would be any use to me as i dont understand what it is for thanks mary

User-312386 23:15 25 Jul 03

if you dont understand it then dont install it

copied and pasted from windows update about this SP

SUMMARY
This article discusses the Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1). The Advanced Networking Pack is an add-on for Windows XP SP1 that includes an updated Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) networking stack, an IPv6 Internet connection firewall (ICF), and the Microsoft Peer-to-Peer (P2P) networking platform. The optional Windows Peer-to-Peer networking component provides a framework for peer-to-peer programs to communicate directly between computers over Network Address Translation (NAT) devices and over the Internet.

This article contains information about how to install the Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP and the Windows XP Peer-to-Peer networking component, discusses IPv6 Teredo NAT traversal technology, lists some known issues, and describes how to troubleshoot and resolve these issues.

back to the top
Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP
The Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP updates IPv6 and installs the Internet connection firewall for IPv6. By default, no ports are automatically opened in the firewall after the update is installed. Use the Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP if you have software that requires this functionality or if you want to develop custom programs that use the Windows Peer-to-Peer networking infrastructure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…