windows update

georgie2 20:27 04 Apr 03

i tried to access windows update today and a box appeared saying Your current security settings prohibit running activex controls on this page. as a result the page may not display properly

then when the windows update page appears it say administrators only.
i am the only administrator, i am signed in as myself. i have tried all the solutions they have on the page and still can`t get through.
can you explain how i can change my activex controls.

Brian-336451 20:48 04 Apr 03

>Tools>Internet Options>Security>Custom will give you access to individual Active X criteria.

I'm not sure what they should be as mine is just RESET to Medium.

If it doesn't work, come back and one of the brighter sparks will doubtless help you.

georgie2 22:01 04 Apr 03

still the same did not make any difference

georgie2 15:51 24 Apr 03

is there any other sites that i can download any updates apart from windows update site

^wave^ 15:55 24 Apr 03

have you signed in as the administrator

georgie2 16:51 24 Apr 03

i think so how do i know
how do i sign in if i am not

georgie2 16:58 24 Apr 03

i get the windows update page which says, checking for the latest version of windows update software, this lasts for sometimes hours, then either comes up with administrators only, or if i click on the "welcome" word on the left hand side it says scan for updates, when i click that it says that the windows update page has not finished loading, but it just goes on and on and on please someone help

georgie2 19:32 27 Apr 03

i received this message while trying to install this update
"The software you are installing has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatability with windows xp. This software will not be installed. contact your system administrator.
the update is Q813489
how do i check this and as far as i know i am the administrator

powerless 20:00 27 Apr 03

click here and look for "When trying to use the Windows Update Web site you receive an "Administrators Only" error message (Windows XP only)".

It requires you go into the registry to fix the problem :-(

georgie2 10:57 29 Apr 03

been there, must be a complete idiot because i could not understand any of it, and did not want to mess it up in case i completely messed everything up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…