Windows Update

BBM 11:04 11 Mar 03

I have a NEC PC with Windows 98SE and Office 2000. It connects to the internet via ISDN over a LAN.

Windows Update will advise that are new updates to be installed, but will not install them when told to. Even if I go the Microsoft site and search automatically for updates it just freezes everytime.

We have other PC's on the same network, but using Windows XP and they have no problems installing the updates.

Is there any settings in the Windows Updater for 98SE that need changing and how?

Lozzy 12:02 11 Mar 03

Try it in Safe Mode

A15 13:31 11 Mar 03

If not that could be your problem, I uised to network two windows 2000 computers & share my BB connection between the two, but the computer that was not directly connected could not download updates etc. When I installed a router it cleared all of this up. I have read somewhere that without a router the information can get lost on a simple network & not know where to go, I dont know if that is true or not thought. I am sure somebody in here can confirm or deny this.

BBM 14:59 11 Mar 03

Yep, all the Pc's with email connect via an ISDN router.

I'll try the safemode when we get time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…