windows update

Errmm...hello,its me again!,i forgot to mention that i cant get windows update to work.It comes up saying that it was incomplete.I am on xp home edition.thx again

rct 16:15 05 Mar 03

Contol Panel>Internet Options "Delete Files"

Tick "Delete All Offline Content"

"ok"
"ok"

Then try Windows Update again.

Hope this works for you.

thanks for your quick response,I tried that and i thought it had worked until i had a adminastrive problem,i tried what it said with no luck,It asked me to put a password in,But i cant remember it!.arrghhh.Any ideas who i shud contact.sorry about this.thx

rct 21:11 05 Mar 03

Your aministrator password may be just a blank i.e. just press enter or it may set to admin.

If not:

click here

and once you have got the password right, follow my steps again.

Good luck ;-)

Tried to get windows update and got a message....'Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page,As a result the page may not be displayed properly'....Any help?...

rct 12:20 21 Apr 03

Control Panel> Internet Options "Security" Then click "Custom" Then Reset to "Medium" Then Click "Reset". Try the steps again... if it still doesn't work try, Medium-Low. Hope that this works out! ;-)

powerless 14:57 21 Apr 03
  hoverman 15:09 21 Apr 03

If and when you get Windows Update to work DO NOT install critical update Q811493 click here

Thanks rct,didnt work at first,so i 'asked for a prompt' for the active x boxes that were marked as 'disable'..went to w/update and it disappeared to be replaced with security box which i said yes to....so far so good..BUT!(arghh) it came up that i wasnt the sole administrator,i've forgotten my password,i've left it blank ,left caps on,then off but nowt :( .I am on xp home ed, use a firewall(zonelabs free download)and norton anti-virus.i posted this on the 05/03/03 to which you responded,but it was all double dutch to me(der!)and thought 'the little you know,the dangerous it can be' motto.if there is any other way of resetting my password,or indeed clearin this up,i'd appreciate it(ps i dont have the Q811493 update)thanks for your help in advance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…