windows update

chippy+ 18:22 03 Jul 07

hi i keep getting asked to download a new version of windows update i have 3 pcs but it is only 1 that i get asked to install the new version has anyone installed this it will not show updates unless i install thanks Chippy

Jackcoms 18:26 03 Jul 07

What exactly do you mean by "a new version of windows update"?

Are you referring to an Active X file from Microsoft?

If so, if you don't install it you won't be able to download system/critical updates from MS

birdface 18:47 03 Jul 07

i get it quite often as I download up-dates manually.

chippy+ 17:22 04 Jul 07

hi Jackcoms and buteman
the updates i have are called windows update, the new one is called microsoft updates, but on one of my pcs when i check for windows updates it asks if i want to install microsoft updates, which i presume is if you want automatic updates for xp and office although it says new i have seen this before giving you the choice between the two types of updates but now it dose not sorry about the delay, painting the daughters house got to ask permission to leave chippy

birdface 17:40 04 Jul 07

Hi Chippy.I have had the same thing 2or3 times,And I only have my Desktop, but download up-dates manually.I think everyone has to go through Microsoft now for up-dates.It should be Ok to download it,Never download it if you get sent it in a e-mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…