Windows Update

Vogeltown 03:49 05 May 04

Over the last couple of months when I have attempted to download the latest updates for win98se which windows has established that I need no download occurs. Bexley

anniecat 04:11 05 May 04

Hi bexley, I think there's only me and you still awake.. do you mean it doesn't find any updates or it doesn't download once it has found them.. I have 98SE and I update fairly regularly, there has been updates available .. patches etc in the last couple of months... do you receive critical update pop ups from windows ?

anniecat 04:14 05 May 04

I think I better try and get some shut eye.. didn't read your post properly.. sorry can't help

Vogeltown 04:17 05 May 04

It finds the updates, but will not download them. I do not receive critical update pop ups

anniecat 04:27 05 May 04

I would contact them see if theclick here;EN-GB;incidentsubmity have any ideas

anniecat 04:30 05 May 04

don't know what happened there the text got jumbled, but the "click here" is msn help support page

anniecat 04:42 05 May 04

this page is probably better click here;EN-US;wupd more specific

Vogeltown 06:02 05 May 04

anniecat, Thanks. It might be that ms does not respond if it does not consider the update critical to security. It has stated that it will even phase out that in 2006. Someone might be more up to date on this than us

anniecat 10:05 05 May 04

click here

found this page it might have an answer for you
good luck

Vogeltown 01:19 06 May 04

The last link, anniecat, provided enough info to make me think that the problem might lie within my firewall programme. This proved right. Thanks alot for your effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…