Windows Update.

Help! :D 21:53 26 Jan 04

I done windows update in october. my son uninstalled it thinking the y where a virus thru add and remove. From the windows update site it say i downloaded them and installed them. if i was to download the latest would they do most of the stuff the old one done. is there anyway of hiding them in the controll panel? also do i realy need to do it?

Diodorus Siculus 23:26 26 Jan 04

Go to and install whatever are available for you. Best to have them although many PCs run happily without them.

hugh-265156 23:35 26 Jan 04

if you go to windows update again and scan then you should be able to get them all again ok.

are you using windows xp?

if they updates were only uninstalled receintly try a system restore back to a date before your son removed them.

Help! :D 18:07 27 Jan 04

so would you advise i still update my computer often from there site? and also, how many updates are normale to have? i have over 30 updates in the add and remove section, is there anyway of hiding them aswell?

hugh-265156 19:11 27 Jan 04

yes.the critical updates are important if you use the internet at all as they fix mostly security problems.

if you wish to install the others do so aswell especially if suffering from crashes etc.these mostly fix bugs.

dont know about hiding them sorry.

if you wish to keep a back up of all your updates(saves redownloading them if you reinstall windows etc) then click here for a tutorial on saving them.

Help! :D 22:52 30 Jan 04

thanks guys your help has realy helped me, i also found away of deleting the history on the site. if u wanna know just reply. but long to start writting on here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…