windows update

spud 22:40 06 Jan 04

Hi All
Windows update used to run automatically when connected to the internet,however the last couple of months this seems to have stopped,iv'e looked in control panel/system/automatic update/and ticked the "download updates auto" box but still no joy.
After checking microsoft site and searching manually,it reports 1 critical update,17 xp updates,1 driver update,the critical update was xp service pack1(express)1.9 mb 8 mins download,after downloading this the installation was taking forever(340 minutes)so had to cancel.
Does anyone know where i can get this update on a cd? Thanks Phil
p.s. sorry for the long thread

Bucket Head 23:27 06 Jan 04

Cant help with specific problem but I have had no auto updates since mid November and cant install any recommended updates from the web site

spud 23:36 06 Jan 04

Thanks for the response bucket head,i was wondering if i really needed the update as pc seems fine.(touch wood)

sam 10:49 07 Jan 04

Hi spud
if you still want SP1 i have a copy on CD which
i will post to you let me know

spud 23:03 07 Jan 04

Thanks Sam that sounds great,how do i contact you is it through the envelope at the side of your name?

sam 16:38 08 Jan 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…