Windows Troubles Remover - Help removing

Tinderstick 11:27 13 Mar 11

Hi,

I have this virus on another laptop running Windows 7. The virus is fake Malware remover and pops up when trying to access any app or program so I cannot even use Task manager of Regedit.

I've been told to look in User\AppData\Roaming or User\AppData\Local to din the randomly named .exe but I cannot see any executable whatsoever in the roots of these folders.

Any advice on how I can find the exe to kill it and then at least I can start to remove the reg entries.

Thanks

birdface 11:30 13 Mar 11

Maybe try this method.

To remove false security programs

1. Turn off computer ,then turn on and start tapping F8
2. When the Advanced startup options appear Select Safe mode With Networking
3. Open internet explorer goto google.com ,download Hitman pro "32-bit or 64-bit depending on your Os"
4. Run Hitman pro ,let this scan the computer
5. Activate Free Licence
6. Reboot Pc

Infection Removed..!

Forum Editor 11:33 13 Mar 11
  birdface 11:34 13 Mar 11

Or go down to automated removal on this and follow all instructions.

click here

Tinderstick 12:50 13 Mar 11

Hi - thanks for the replies. The problem is, the virus prevents me using a browser - or any App. It pops up wherever an app is opened. So I cannot download, or run my existing Spyware prog (Spybot).

I therefore need to isolate the .exe that runs the rogue app and kill it.

Sea Urchin 14:03 13 Mar 11

The solution suggested by both FE and buteman tells you how to get round this problem - and note you must let this rogue run it's false scan before you can set about removing it

(by the way Spybot will be unable to sort this problem)

Tinderstick 14:08 13 Mar 11

Whilst I really appreciate the replies, this does not work for me, as the rogue problem blocks iexplore.exe

So....I cannot download an anti-malware program

I need to be able to stop the program from running I believe, and therefore need to find the .exe that runs it.

onthelimit 14:33 13 Mar 11

But have you tried the suggested starting in Safe Mode with networking - that usually by-passes the problem.

onthelimit 14:36 13 Mar 11

Just checked the Bleeping Computer link from FE, and the procedure described there should allow access to the desktop.

Sea Urchin 14:36 13 Mar 11

In fact it is Forum Editor's link you should be using - buteman's is for another rogue av program.

Are you using another computer to post on this forum? If so that is your answer - fully explained in the FE's link.

Tinderstick 15:09 13 Mar 11

Hi - all the solutions require downloading a program over the net - i cannot do this as the rogue program blocks iexplorer. Even starting in SafeMode with networking - the app still pops up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017