Windows trouble

Pau! J 13:47 07 Jun 03

when i try to start off office it comes up windows installer is not working. THen i try to unistall pffice 2000 which didnt work, it thought i wass all ready removed, when i try to install it again it says it is installeing windows installer, it restarts and nothing happens it gives the same message. when i downloaded installer and i tried to load it it says there is another file that isnt working with it properly. the rror messgae with the file ntdll.dll comes up and says its missong i checked its there. if i can unistall windows installer i will work again i think. but who can i do this.
thanks

MichelleC 14:47 07 Jun 03

There's probably an office file still hidden which's preventing proper install. Depending on your os; try control panel/add remove/ Miscrosoft office, and delete. If it's not showing there use find/search and type in Office and delete any files, reboot and then turn off all non-vital b/g progs and install.

keith-236785 16:08 07 Jun 03

put your office cd in the drive, then wait about ten seconds for autorun to kick in. if you hear the music but nothing appears then office is already installed, you then need to right click on your cd drive and choose "open", look for the icon "setup" double click setup icon, once it opens choose repair, follow on-screen instructions

if it autoruns then choose install, follow on-screen instructions.

good luck, come back if you have problems

Pau! J 18:57 08 Jun 03

when if you go into setup it trys to install office, i haad the repair idea before but it didnt work.
anyother ideas

Pau! J 19:02 08 Jun 03

when if you go into setup it trys to install office, i haad the repair idea before but it didnt work.
anyother ideas

keith-236785 12:53 13 Jun 03

paul j

try to Uninstall office again, then

make sure your office cd is in the cdrom drive

double click My Computer

Right Click on Office CDROM drive and choose open

browse to

PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE

look for a file called OFFCLN9

run this file, it should clean any stray office files

then eject and re-insert cd, office should now install correctly

hope this works for you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…