Windows Temp folder

caddie 23:23 19 Mar 04

My internet has gone very very slow. Ihave checked for viruses and none found.The only problem i can see at this moment is my windows temp folder gets a new file added every minute.
I have had to delete thousands.
I shut down my internet connection
completely (cable modem) and it stopped, after reconnecting it started again. Please help.

Giggle n' Bits 23:31 19 Mar 04

which Windows you have, type of ISP or who, run disk cleanup, clear our your i.e cookies, temp internet files, clear your history, if Internet Explorer is in the Add/Remove programes in Control Panel, go to remove it and hopefully you will be prompted to repiar it. run Scnadisk, Disk Defrag.

caddie 23:48 19 Mar 04

My os is windows me and i am on NTL broadband.
I have emptied history,temp internet and cookies
but will try the other suggestions,thanks.

gudgulf 00:12 20 Mar 04

Try reducing the amount of space allocated for temp internet files.From internet explorer click on tools,internet options and go to seetings under temorary internet files in the general tab. Reduce the allocated space to around 75MB.

If you do not have adaware and spybot S&D you should dowload,update and run them. click here adawre
and click here spybot S&D

caddie 01:26 20 Mar 04

Ran spybot S&D and then downloaded adware and at the moment nothing coming through to my windows
temp folder.Internet still a bit slow on ntl but
my Brother-in-law said he had phoned them and they said there was a few problems in our area so
i will leave this post open until tomorrow and check again in the morning.Thanks for all the help from you guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…