Windows Task Manager queries

CurlyWhirly 16:15 01 Nov 04

Hi. I always thought that ONLY essential operating systems processes like csrss.exe are blocked when you try to end the process?
For example if you try to end the process for csrss.exe you have a message "Unable to terminate Process. This is a critical system process. Task Manager cannot end this process".

I have the registered version of a2 and when I attempt to end the process on a2guard.exe I am confronted with this message "Unable to terminate Process. Access is denied".
Is this protection built in to stop rogue Malware from ending this process should it 'gain a foothold'?
What I mean is that I have read on the net that some viruses or worms attempt to disable anti-virus software, firewalls, etc.

Another question related to Windows Task Manager and this is sometimes when a program is 'not responding' you click on it (in WTM) and select End Process and it doesn't work as as soon as the process or application is shut down another one starts up which is really annoying and this continues in a never ending loop.
When this happens I find the only way to get out of the loop is to reboot.
Does anyone know WHY this happens and if there IS a way to get round it?

CurlyWhirly 16:16 01 Nov 04

but my mouse button got stuck!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now