Windows stop error on shut down.

big_ginge 15:02 21 Apr 08

Hi!
I have recently installed a new ATI Radeon 3600HD graphics card into my pc and since then I have been getting the BSOD when I shut my computer down meaning that i have to hold the power button to turn it off.

It sometimes is a Windows Stop Error 0x07E (pci.sys error) or sometimes it is a 0x50 (Page fault in non_paged area)

I have already updated the BIOS and have looked for ATI updates but seem to have the latest driver. I have, only once managed to get it to shut down cleanly since and this was after disabling certain programs in the task manager whilst doing something else but not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Any ideas?

HP Media Center M1190
300GB SATA
1GB RAM
Asus Mothboard
ATI Radeon PCI Express HD 3600 512mb

Ditch999 16:34 21 Apr 08

Did you properly uninstall the old card and drivers before you removed it from the PC?

big_ginge 16:48 21 Apr 08

Yes I did. Although my old graphics card died completely and so i had to put a new one in before i could boot the pc up again.. However removed all old ATI Radeon software before installing the new stuff (have done this several times already too)

Ditch999 17:01 21 Apr 08

So you didnt actually get to uninstall the graphics card and driver then! Download the ATI uninstaller and run it. click here

Have a look at this post as well.
click here
It gives a lot more detail.

big_ginge 17:04 21 Apr 08

Okies.. i'll give that a try and let you know how I get on.. cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…