windows starting up

mufffin 12:55 06 Feb 05

hi folks,Help please? anybody any ideas re the following:I had a prob with my xp system so I decided to repair it with my XP HOME disc.this has cured the previous prob but now when i start up the Blue screen with XP logo stating "Windows is starting up" seems to take an age to do so,Did I do something wrong whilst repairing XP?Have I now got 2 XP progs on comp(dont think I Have)?anyone with any Ideas please reply

Completealias 13:00 06 Feb 05

Don't think so you could try cleaning out all your temporary files (temp and temporay internet files) and defragging

CCleaner gets alot of mention on the forum and will clean out all the old crud that builds up found click here.

Also try the system file checker at the run prompt type sfc /scannow (don't leave out the space)
This i'll check that all your windows files are intact and in the correct place

mufffin 15:48 06 Feb 05

Tried everything you suggested all to no avail.Just to restate prob its when starting it gets to the blue screen with windows XP logo and legend Windows starting up......At this stage you wouldthink that its frozen(crashed) but after a 3-4 mins (which seems longer) it carries on with the boot process.any other suggestions please?

freaky 16:59 06 Feb 05

Could you answer the following questions please:-

(a)What was the description of the initial problem.

(b)After the long wait for Windows to load, does it finish loading and work OK from then on.

The answers to the above would help myself and other users to possibly find a solution.

My first reaction to your problem would be that Windows is searching for something to complete the boot up process, eventually finds it and boots. The problem is to identify what Windows is trying to find!

mufffin 20:26 06 Feb 05

Hi .initial prob was when we went to run a program it opened but it was all gobbledy gook(nonsense)
2.when it comes onto the blue screen saying "windows is starting up"it goes quiet as if it has frozen for what seems like ages ,then it continues to boot up (albeit it seems slower)but once booted up everything seems to be ok(at least the progs i have tried upto now do)Regards muffin

JonnyTub 20:29 06 Feb 05

check in device manager for any discrepancies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…