Windows start-up message information?

spuds 11:27 05 Dec 10

Perhaps I haven't been looking in the right places, but after a re-format of the computer I seem to have a start-up program that I am not sure about. I have a program installed that give me the option to let the process carry on or alternatively stop the process from starting up. At present I have clicked the 'not this time' box, with no noticeable changes. But I am wondering if I should carry on with this instruction!.

The message pops-up on start up, and reads.
Name ctfrnon.exe
Path C:\ WINDOWS\ system 32\ ctfrnon.exe
Description Unknown Start Up Item
Process ctfrnon.exe

Any help would be appreciated, on this and similar messages. Running XP Home.

Eargasm 11:41 05 Dec 10

Have a read here

click here

HondaMan 11:43 05 Dec 10

It seems to be part of the Microsoft programming, I have it in my system32 folder

See this article from Microsoft:

What Is the Ctfmon.exe (Ctfmon.exe) File?
Ctfmon.exe activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the Microsoft Office Language Bar.

HondaMan 11:44 05 Dec 10

Here is the link to the article click here

spuds 12:43 05 Dec 10

Thanks guys, your help as put some light to this and other problems.

I don't have Office on this computer, but thats possibly something else regarding a recent reformat. I have been having problems with the characters on the keyboard that is working two computers, and having done a number of things without success, I think ctfnon as the answer. So I will try some posted (above links) remedy fix.

As to the actual procedure on start-up, it looks like I will continue for the time being, by clicking the 'not now' box. Trying to remove the ctnon at this point might cause further problems re the links.

Thanks again for the swift and prompt help, very much appreciated.

Will tick as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…