Windows start with black screen

bjk 08:04 04 May 04

After a recovery of my XP Pro, I didn't find the normal basic low-resolution AVG display driver, this driver was a little bit different, and it didn't accept my normal driver. Looking for a way to change to the standard VGA, I found a drop-down list (with just two options) which I hadn't seen before, I took the chance of changing it. Then Windows restarted, and when Windows started, the screen was black. The bios display is OK, the booting process is displayed OK, until Windows start, I hear Windows is working, but the screen is black, the same in safe mode. Obviously, I have accidentally deactivated the VGA driver, or set too high resolution rate, or too high refresh rate?? This is a Catch 22, how do I reset this witout display? I looked into the Windows Recovery Console, I found a driver/service named VgaSave, may be this could be of help? Before I do this, or finally reinstall everything, I ask, anybody having a good advice?

Diodorus Siculus 08:10 04 May 04

Did you try to boot into VGA mode? It may allow the change to be made.

bjk 08:40 04 May 04

Diodorus Siculus, thanks for your response, yes, I tried to boot into VGA mode, or activate VGA, the various options when you press F8 in the boot process. Didn't work.
Bjk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…