Windows SP2 Firewall

Yimbo 16:51 15 Dec 04

On start-up, Windows SP2 firewall tells me it has blocked something called Back Web (followed by 6 numbers) asking me whether to allow it, keep it blocked or "ask me later". Two questions 1) I haven't any idea what this "Back Web" is. Is there any way of knowing to what it, and other similar codes refer? 2) Also, I have this firewall switched off on the firewall general tab, since there is a potential conflict with my Zone Alarm firewall. Why, if it's "off" is it still acting as though it were "on"?

VoG II 16:58 15 Dec 04
  Djohn 18:12 15 Dec 04

If it's as VoG™ says, related to Logitech and it could well be. Then its quite safe to remove it. It installed on my system couple of weeks back when I installed my new mouse and though its only for updating of their software, I'm not keen on these type of applications that phone home without asking me. The mouse still works fine after removal of the application.

Yimbo 22:49 15 Dec 04

Thanks for your help! I'm a good deal clearer now about what's going on! Still don't know why the firewall is "off" yet still "on"! Any thoughts??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…