Windows SP2

Jayne doe 09:54 13 Apr 05

Morning Guys. Small problem with SP2, it stops me connecting to the internet. I have a AMD 2.2 machine 1 gig memory with winxp on and SP1. Its an old original copy of XP when it very first came out. I put SP1 on with no problems. In fact I have never had any problems with it. Now I have refused to put SP2 on after reading comments from here and all has been well but for some reason it has installed itself overnight. Yes I have auto update switchhed on but had dont download SP2 ticked. Now I cannot connect to Blueyonder at all. I have rang their helpline and they seem to know that SP2 gives problems so they advised me to uninstall it. This I did and puter now connects but I keep getting the message that I need to install SP2 as its now a critical update. So I clear cookies etc, defrag and reinstall and then computer wont connect again. Now with the tech guy at Telewest I went through all the settings by allowing explorer etc but still cant connect at all when SP2 is installed. Any ideas please. Any answers will have to be in English Im nit that tech minded. Thanks. Jayne

mattyc_92 10:26 13 Apr 05

Your ISP should have a patch to fix this problem...

I would search their site (members area would be the more likely section) for this WINXPSP2 patch.....

iscanut2 10:32 13 Apr 05

I think Microsoft now forces SP2 update onto you if you have automatic downloads selected re Windows update. A major problem for those who do not want it or those with a 56k standard dial up rather than Broadband !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…