windows sound recorder does not work

kimosabi 02:58 19 Aug 03

Hi folks
My windows sounder recorder does not work .
I have had it in the for repair but they can't get it working either.It was returned in the same state has it went to them even though they done a complete system restore to the factory state. Before I take it any further I am asking for help from anyone who mY Hve the answer.I have been using it quite regular chatting to my brother in aust but suddenly it went dead. Three new mics bought but still no luck. Come on folks I have complete faith in you in this help room you have not let me down befor so all the help is valued highly
Kind regards
kimosabi

windows xp home
Athlon XP2400+
2.00 GHZ
256MB RAM
120 GIG HARDDRIVE

kimosabi 07:52 19 Aug 03

Hi guys
I think I know the answer to my problem (MIC NOT WORKING)I done a system restore to when it was ok two days later i downloaded windows updates thats when it stopped working I have just done a system restore to when it was ok and it worked fine I then done windows updates again but only a few at a time checking as i went along to see if the recorder still worked and it did untill the last two updates which were driver one for Via tech multi media dated 18/06/2003 The other for logitech image 7.00.1221. after installing those two drivers the recorder stopped working.
Know the question how can i remove those last two windows updates,I HAVE DELETED LOGITECH PROG
I BELIEVE THE VIA TECH IS MY MOTHER BOARD WHICH AS A BUILT IN SOUNDCARD. THIS MY BE A BIT OF RUBBISH BUT HELP WOULD BE GREATFULLY RECEIVED.
IF THATS POSSIBLE
ONCE AGAIN REGARDS KIMO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…