Windows sound problems

Fletten 23:22 27 Apr 03

Can anyone help, I am getting distortion and crackle with windows sounds, such as start up shut down and program operations.
The system has been running fine for months without any problems this just started out of the blue, as most computer problems do!
This does not affect playing music it sounds fine.
I am running Windows ME with a Creative Soundblaster Live Value 1024 card.
I have tried deleting the driver and restarting the system but it,s still the same.

Help!

muscic lover 23:44 27 Apr 03

Can be due to overworking audio card! Happened once to me, solved by stopping windows opening 'music' (or whatever!)

Hope this helps a bit!

King Diamond 23:47 27 Apr 03

Yeah...I just disabled all the annoying windows noises. Gives the pc less to do and leaves room for other things to work faster/better.

billyliv 23:54 27 Apr 03

Hi, Wear and tear old friend!. If it is only your start up and close down sounds, I wouldn't worry too much. My graphics tremble like a jelly when my system is switched on but once the boot sequence is finished it is fine. If it starts to tremble after the boot up then I will start to investigate. Cheers, Bill

PCA_Expert 00:09 28 Apr 03

Why not try re-installing the drivers after deleting?

If you delete the drivers,then restart...you are just re-installing the same corrupt driver as before.

Cheers.

Whatever my name is.

Fletten 18:26 06 May 03

Hi
Thanks for your advice, but I still have the problem.
I tried completely un-installing all the software related to the sound card and re-installing but it makes no difference.
I am getting break up of sound used in programs and not just start up and shut down.
I have tried switching off start up and shut down sounds but this problem still occcurs with program sounds.
Could this be the sound card itself?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…